Residents and Guests of the Searcy Housing Authority. Our highest priority continues to be the health and well-being of everyone that comes into our offices. As we navigate the evolving impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), to minimize person-to-person contact we are temporarily closing our lobby to the public. If you need to correspond with any member of our staff, you may reach our offices by calling 501-268-8547. If you need to submit payments or paperwork to the office, please utilize our office dropbox located near the office front entrance. You may also fax paperwork to 501-268-7320 or mail to 501 S Fir Street Searcy, AR 72143.
Thank you for your patience. We know these are challenging times and we will do our best to continue to serve you.
Searcy Housing Authority Management
Update - June 3, 2020
Our Lobby is Now Open. Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. closed 12 noon – 12:30 pm for lunch
To ensure the safety of all during the coronavirus pandemic, we are enlisting the following safety precautions as suggested by the CDC:
- Masks Are Required upon entry.
- Please limit lobby occupancy to no more than 2 to 3 people at a time.
- No face-to-face meetings.
- We encourage all communications be limited to phone or email. Please contact your Case Manager by Phone for assistance.
Update - March 20, 2020
We are closely monitoring new developments regarding the coronavirus. The health and safety of our clients and staff is paramount and we are committed using best practices as recommended by the CDC and Arkansas Department of Health.
During this extraordinary time, we have made some operating changes...
- Our offices are closed to the public
- Small office staff - We have limited staff on-site to no more than two-three employees at a time
- Maintenance staff - Responding to Emergency work orders only, please continue to call in work orders, these will be addressed as soon as deemed safely possible
- Inspectors - will be conducting move-in and special inspections only, preferably in vacant units. If you are able to vacate the unit at the time of the inspection, that would be best.
- Equipping field staff with gloves, masks and wipes - when on-site visits are necessary
- No outside visitors in our offices
- Providing web-based/remote meetings
- Continuously educating employees on preventative measures
- Making sure "sick" employees remain at home
- Ensuring "high-touch" areas and surfaces are cleaned regularly
- Encouraging frequent hand washing
- Encouraging extra communication with clients and employees - updates will be published here on our website
Update - March 27, 2020
Housing Choice Voucher holders/Section 8
- Participants are expected to pay rent for the month of April.
- Questions or concerns, should be directed to your landlord.
- Utility reimbursements, if applicable, will be mailed (no pickups)
Please note: The Housing Authority does not own or operate these private residences, we do not have authority to waive rent at these properties for residents with vouchers.
Public Housing Residents:
- Residents are expected to pay rent for the month of April.
- Rent payments should be made via drop box or by mail.
- Residents with questions should call their property manager.
- Utility reimbursements, if applicable, will be mailed (no pickups).
As developments surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) continue both locally and nationally, we are taking action to prevent the spread of the virus and keep our residents, team members and community healthy.
Update - April 29, 2020
Welcome to SHA!
Welcome to the Searcy Housing Authority’s website. This website includes information about our many housing programs and affordable housing developments, client services, and important contact information. We encourage you to take full advantage of the information provided, so we can do an even better job providing affordable housing opportunities and access to related services for those in need.
To provide a drug free, decent , safe, and sanitary housing for eligible families and to provide opportunities promoting self-sufficiency and economic independence to our residents.
The Searcy Housing Authority (SHA) is committed to providing strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. SHA will continue to explore opportunities to further affordable housing in and around the Searcy community.
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the housing programs we offer, I encourage you to reach out to one of our wonderful staff members for guidance. We pride ourselves in being knowledgeable, accessible, and available to the residents, applicants, and community members.
Thank you for visiting our site and thank you for considering SHA for your affordable housing needs!David Gates